Whether you run a small crew or you’re a “solopreneur” working to establish a growing business, you have probably already run into some surprising expenses. In the case of an accident, don’t let a denied car insurance claim be one of these. See why you should investigate commercial auto insurance.
How Do I Know if I Need Commercial Auto Insurance?
If you answer “yes” to any of the below, it’s time to look into this type of coverage.
• You use your vehicle for deliveries or other business-related transportation
• You have employees frequently driving your vehicle for work
• You haul equipment or tow a trailer used for your business
• Your vehicles are owned or leased under a corporation or are considered a business expense
Unsure if you fit within these categories? Just think about the use of your vehicle, is it used more for personal or more for business? Still not sure? An insurance broker can help you determine this.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Much of the coverage provided by commercial auto insurance sounds similar to regular auto insurance. There are the same protections against accidents, medical expense coverage etc. However, commercial insurance has extras.
Depending on your coverage level, these may include:
• Transported goods (particularly on goods not owned by you)
• Employee drivers if they are involved in an accident
• Non-owned trailers that are damaged in a wreck
• Non-owned vehicles used for your business
• Expensive work equipment/tools damaged in an accident
And these aren’t the only areas! It all depends on the needs of your business.
Why Should I Let Omni Safe Do My Insurance Shopping?
To start, we are a small business. We understand the joys (and the struggles) that you, yourself, are dealing with. We also understand your need to keep costs low while maintaining a suitable level of coverage. Because of this, we will work hard to find you the coverage you need (and can afford). Our brokers work for you, not a big-name insurance company.
Ready to give Omni Safe a try? A free quote never hurt. Give us a call at 1-877-728-9966 to personally discuss your small business insurance needs.
Looking for more small business tips? Check out these helpful resources.
”Top 5 Hidden Costs of Operating a Small Business”
”50 Tips for Starting Your Own Company”
”A Simple 6-Step Process to Starting Your Own Business”